- PhD in Environmental Sciences, 2004, on “Marine ecosystem functioning analysed by means of indicators and models” (supervisor: Fabio Pranovi), University Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Venice, Italy
- MSc cum laude in Environmental Sciences, 1998, on “Identification of a growth model for seabream (Sparus aurata) and its applications in aquaculture" (Tutor: Roberto. Pastres)”, University Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Venice, Italy
- Technical degree, 1992
- Fisheries Centre, University of British Columbia, Canada, 03 Mar 2002 – 30 June 2002, Visiting PhD studen
- from Feb 2008, research position at Dept. Oceanography, Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale – OGS, Trieste, Italy
- Feb 2005-Feb 2008, post-doc position at the Dept. Oceanography, OGS, Trieste, Italy.
- Dec 2003-Dec 2004, collaborator, formerly ICRAM (Central Italian Institute for Researches and Technologies Applied to the Sea), now ISPRA (Istituto Superiore per la Ricerca e la Protezione Ambientale), Chioggia, Italy and Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Università Cà Foscari, Venezia, Italy
- 12 Sept 2003 – 02 Feb 2004, research collaboration, Fisheries Centre, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Jun-Jul 2003, Contract, Dept. of Physical Chemistry, Università Cà Foscari, Venezia, Italy
- Nov 2000-Nov 2003, Research Fellow ICRAM (now ISPRA), Chioggia, Italy
- 02 Jun– 30 Nov 2000, Contracts, ICRAM (now ISPRA), Chioggia, Italy
- May 2000-Jun 2000, Contract, Dept. of Physical Chemistry, Università Cà Foscari, Venezia, Italy
EwE modelling contributions to the Ecosystem Approach in the Mediterranean Sea. Workshops on End-to-End models and Mediterranean models, November 15-19, 2010, Barcelona, Spain
Impacts from Fisheries on Species and Habitats of Concern in the Mediterranean; WWF Mediterranean Programme and the UNEP/MAP, Kas, Turkey, October 4-11, 2010.
- University of Addis Ababa, Faculty of Science, Whole-lake ecosystem analysis: ecological modelling and Ecopath with Ecosim. Lectures at the Zoological Science Unit Program. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 01/2012 - 02/2012
- University of Padua, Department of Marine Biology - "Experimental laboratory on mathematical models for resource management" 06/2010 - 06/2010
- SESAME international Summer School on Coupled ecological models - “Theory of Ecopath with Ecosim and applications in the Mediterranean and Black Sea”, 08-13 June 2009, Malta.
- CIHEAM-IAMZ and GFCM, Advanced course "Methodologies for fisheries stock assessment in the Mediterranean" - "Models: Ecopath with Ecosim", Zaragoza, Spain, March 2009
- University of Padua, Department of Marine Biology - "Mathematical models for the study of fisheries " invited lectures, 26 may 2009, Palazzo Grassi Chioggia (Venezia). 05/2009 - 05/2009
- University of Padua, Department of Marine Biology - "Mathematical models for the study of fisheries " invited lectures, 6 march 2008, Palazzo Grassi Chioggia (Venezia). 03/2008 - 03/2008
Member of organizing committee of Conferences and Workshops
- International Summer School: “When humanities meets ecology: historic changes in Mediterranean and Black Sea marine biodiversity and ecosystems since the Roman period until nowadays. Languages, methodologies and perspectives” 31 August - 4 September 2009, Trieste, Italy.
- 6th European Conference on Ecological Modelling, ECEM07 , November 27-30, 2007, Trieste, Italy.
- Workshop on "Biogeochemical processes and fish dynamics in food web models for end-to-end conceptualization of marine ecosystems. Theory and use of Ecopath with Ecosim", November 26-27, 2007, Trieste, Italy.
- Workshop on Data Assimilation and Recursive Estimation - DARE2004, September 20-21, 2004, Venice, Italy.
- VII National Congress of Environmental Chemistry – from local to global: towards sustainability 11-14 June 2002, Venezia, Italy.
- Certificate of recognition for best poster at the International Symposium on Quantitative Ecosystem Indicators for Fisheries Management, Paris, France, 2004
- Lodovico Caldesi Valeri Prize for best thesis on Environmental Sciences (MSc), Università Ca’ Foscari, Venezia, 2000
- RITMARE (Progetto bandiera: Ricerca Italiana per il Mare)
- PERSEUS (Policy-orientated marine Environmental Research for the Southern European Seas) - EU-FP7 Project
- OPEC (OPerational ECology) - EU-FP7 Project
- COCONET (towards COast to COast NETwork of marine protected areas coupled with sea-based wind energy potential)- EU-FP7 Project
- SESAME (Southern European Seas: Assessing and Modelling Ecosystem changes) - EUFP6 project
- SOSTEMITS (Sostenibilità delle mitilicoture triestine) - Progetto Innovazione Regione FVG
- INDECO (Ecosystem indicators of effects of fishing) FP6 EU-Coordinated action